Monday, April 13, 2009

Update on my office

My office is "habitable- repairs necessary." That means we can go in to get stuff out, but can't work out of it until it's brought back up to code. The back wall is peeled away from the floor leaving a gap. Insulation and ceiling tiles are in the floor in the waiting room. The mailbox and brick sign are completely gone. If the tornado had moved just a few feet over, it would have torn the building apart. That's quite a scary thought! The building needs all new siding and a few other repairs, meaning we won't be back in it for at least a month. So, they have us working out of another one of the company's offices in town. We are spread out over three floors. I was not happy about that this morning, but by the afternoon they had moved me and my friends to the same floor and in close proximity to each other. We were so glad!! We were having some separation anxiety, on top of the stress of being in a new office.

I am ready for the storms and rain to be gone. I am very jumpy/antsy/nervous now when I hear the slightest bit of rain or wind. My heart starts beating fast, and I have to fight back the tears. That's the main reason I'm typing this right now...to take my mind off the pouring rain.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Wow!! I know how you feel. I am trying to keep my mind off stuff lately too. Praise the Lord, He will help us.