Monday, February 8, 2010

Bummed

So, I won't be taking summer classes. I miscalculated how much this semester would cost and I lived off my leftover loan money last semester, so I won't have the money to take classes this summer. I am disappointed, to say the least. I don't want to be here for an extra semester. I don't want to have to take out extra loans. I feel so stupid for not figuring this out sooner and stupid for not saving my money. I won't be able to afford to live off campus next fall, either. That is a major let down. I misread info on tuition so everything is winding up costing more than I expected. I thought as long as you took no more than 24 hours, your tuition stayed the same. Well...I was wrong. You pay based on credit hour--which I knew...but I thought if you stayed within the hour limit, your bill didn't go up. So this semester my bill is around $2,000 or $3,000 more than last semester because I am taking 4 more hours. I'm really not sure what the deal is. I had originally signed up for an online class, but that class alone was over $1500 so I dropped it and picked up a class on campus instead. I am discouraged. Money is hard to come by right now for my family. Dad hasn't worked in over a month. They aren't doing without...people are taking care of them...but still. It's discouraging. Knowing that I have so much in loans already and now it's probably going to be even more just makes me want to cry. How am I ever going to pay all that back? I KNOW I did the right thing by coming here. I am not doubting God's call on my life. I am just really overwhelmed right now, and it's hard to see how it's all going to work out.

No comments: